April 11, 2013

Apologia Planners...Review

I have admitted many, many times that I am a disorganized person. I would love to get better organized, it would help my perfectionist side. Yes, I am disorganized perfectionist. When I was offered the Apologia Planners Review, I jumped at the chance. I told my kids about the planners, they were excited. I was excited that they were excited!

When the package arrived, my kids argued about who could open it. I received The Ultimate Homeschool Planner, The Ultimate Daily Planner for Students, and The Ultimate Weekly Planner for Teens. I knew that Dragon would like the planner, what surprised me was how much Tracker wanted one. He sat down with the Teen Planner and immediately asked me to purchase one for him. I did just that. I found ordering the planner quick and effortless. The planner arrived quickly and in perfect condition.

I really cannot say enough about The Ultimate Homeschool Planner by Debra Bell. I sat down to flip through the planner and ended up reading every single page. I found tips on how to encourage my children to become independent learners. There was advice on becoming a better teacher and just a better person. There are a variety of planning pages included in the planner. They include yearly planning sheet, goal sheets, a resource list, a field trip recording and much more. The monthly planners are blank, which allows easy personalization. The weekly planners gave you a couple of options on the layout. I chose to list the subjects at the top and the children's names along the side. I like this because, I feel like it is less structured. I set it up as a weekly goal, it is not set to one day. This allowed my rebellious side out.

The Ultimate Weekly Planner for Teens is just as great, if not better than mine! It really gives responsibility to the teen. There is an area for the teen to track his own hours and even keep track of his credit hours. The back of the planner has tips, tricks, and guides of all kind. My favorite part was a couple of pages on how to cite references. I find the encouraging quotes perfect! They are not too young, nor too old. I think that all teens would find them helpful.


The Ultimate Daily Planner for Students, is perfect for students of all ages. It has a little bit more writing room than the Teen Planner. Just like the Teen Planner, this planner has pages full of tips and data. There is suggested reading list, a fraction chart, and a space to record your own activities.  Once again, I love the fact that it is all geared to the kids becoming independent learners.



Final Opinion:

These planners are well worth the money. They have a  spiral binding and plastic covers. I really think these were made for people like me.  The planners will be a valuable resource for your homeschool. I never knew what I was missing until I received my planner.

Pros:
  • Spiral Binding
  • Laminated cover
  • Undated monthly and weekly planner
  • easily customizable
  • Informative guides
  • Encouraging words for the parents and students. 

Cons:
  I really couldn't find one. The one thing that I would love is a chart to track our days. We have to homeschool for 180. I would love to see that included in the planner. The other thing that I would like to see is more pages to record the books read. We tend to read a lot of books in our house.


Product Information:
 Apologia Planners







0 comments: