May 12, 2009

Cypress Gardens

We went to Cypress Gardens last week. I wanted to experience it before recommending it to my homeschool group. Well, it was worth the trip. We went on a boat ride and saw turtles, alligators, frogs, and birds. Did I mention seeing a few alligators? I was not thrilled with the idea of getting into a canoe with alligators in the water. I am very glad that my family talked me into it. I took some amazing pictures.



After the boat ride we went into the butterfly house. Squirrel was in 7th heaven. She loves butterflies. The kids loved putting their hands against the beehive. They thought that the vibrations were amazing. We were able to see the larva in the hive. It was really neat. The other neat things that we were able to see was a monarch pupa and some butterflies emerging from their cocoons.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How awesomely awesome.
I love frogs and turtles... but alligators? That's just extraordinary.
Not something everyone gets to see.
Wonderful.

Karen said...

Beautiful pictures. I love swamps - they are so alive. That is something I truly miss - that and the ocean of course.