August 14, 2009

How to Pick a Color


Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow. ~Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You


I saw this quote this evening and it really made me think. I have been told that I need to get my blood pressure under control, it is very high (check out my Beach House for more info). We all know that moms have to do a lot. I am sure that I am not the only mom that has out herself last while everyone else is getting their checkups & dental cleanings. I am now paying for these mistakes. I have always put the kids and dh before myself. I have come to a realization that I can no longer do that.

So far I have turned over several chores to the kids, turned off the TV and turned on music, watched what I ate today, and I took the time to put together a puzzle with Squirrel. :)

I just need to learn to relax during the day. I have been letting the little things get under my skin. I need to toughen up.

So how do you choose your color?

Photo courtesy of USBR

1 comments:

Magic and Mayhem said...

I relax with junk! Junk TV, junk magazines in the bath, ice cream and other junk. Perhaps it's not the healthiest, but it makes me feel happy. :)

I also make myself get outside and that always leads to lower stress and happier feelings, even if I didn't want to get outside and I'm doing something for the kids or house like just picking up the yard or keeping Alex happy outside.

I seek out friends that make me laugh and make me feel good about myself, and even just an email can lift my spirits. At our camping party this week, it was pouring down rain as we packed up and it had been all night. My friend Tiffany was still grinning and having fun and she got me laughing in the rain too. Friends like that make rainbows out of days that just feel like a whole lot of gray. :) I try to be that friend too!

Take care of you! You rock and you deserve it! :)
~Alicia