April 8, 2014

Life in our House

I find it hard to believe that we have been on this homeschooling journey for almost 10 years. I cannot believe it! We have definitely been on a roller coaster in the past years. We have shed many tears, fears, hugs and lots of love. I want to be real..it has been hard. There have been times when I thought I had hurt my kids for homeschooling them. Times when I wanted to put them on the bus at 6:45 am and go back to bed. Even through the lows..I would not trade it for the world.

When I first started this blog, my kids were toddlers. Now my kids are teens. I have 3 kids with 3 distinct learning styles. I have 3 young adults who are trying to find their way in the world. My role has changed from caregiver to mentor. I am no longer needed to answer every little question. They don't always ask me for my help or opinion. I now work outside of the house 3-4 nights a week during the school year. During the summer I am home even less.

We will be changing things up once again in the 2014-2015 school year. I will have two, yes two, high school kids and one in  junior high school. We are planning to continue our homeschooling journey. We just have to make a few more adjustments. We will most likely step away from some outside commitments and do more as a family. They are only going to be home for a short time. I want to really enjoy these teen years.

So please stay with us while we take our Learning Adventures to a new chapter.

0 comments: