April 15, 2009

A New Twist on Things

We are slowly getting a routine down on days that dh is at the station. I don't want to say too much for fear of jinxing myself. Yes I said that. LOL.

What I can tell you though is that we are trying something new with Tracker. I bought him a balance ball to sit on while doing schoolwork. Today was the first day and he did great with phonics. I would love to of seen how he did with math, but alas "Not Me" has his math book today. I hope that he is learning a lot.

The kids each did sometime on the computer. Dragon loves the Math Success computer game. I have had it for ages and just forgot about it. He asks daily if he can play on it. Tacker & Squirrel were playing on Starfall. Squirrel needs a little bit of work, but not much. She is not use to having to work at something. Things are getting harder and she is not sure that she likes it.

Dragon also took his Chapter 11 post test. We use it more as a review. He will start the final chapter in his math tomorrow. He is very excited. He has recently started geometry and LOVES it. The other thing that he is currently obsessed with are graphs and charts. We also started a new spelling book, Painless Spelling. He likes it so far. Throughout the chapter are little review exercises.

All 3 kids have done some time on the Wii. They each did their 30 minutes. It is on rainy days like today, that I am thankful for the Wii Fit. The children were able to still get some exercise. I think that I might bring out the Outdoor Challenge a little later on.

We just finished eating and the children are going to do 30 minutes (or more) of quiet reading. Two of my rugrats did not sleep very well last night and it is showing. I am hoping that they will doze off for a few. I love the fact that they are able to do this.

This afternoon we will do more school (science, poetry and art) and hopefully get all my seeds planted.

0 comments: