You have got to check this out!!!
Year of Science 2009
There are many reasons to celebrate science. With the many seminal anniversaries that are on the horizon in 2009, it seemed only logical that we should celebrate them as a community! From astronomy to zoology we are all here - ready to support public understanding of the process and nature of science in an exploration of "how we know what we know."
Dates: January 1, 2009- December 31, 2009
Web site: http://www.yearofscience2009.org
Overarching Theme: "How We Know What We Know"
* January - Process and Nature of Science; Communicating Science
* February - Evolution
* March - Physics and Technology
* April - Energy Resources
* May - Sustainability and the Environment
* June - Ocean and Water
* July - Astronomy
* August - Weather and Climate
* September - Biodiversity and Conservation
* October - Geosciences and Planet Earth
* November - Chemistry
* December - Science and health
Who is celebrating: Participants in the US based COPUS Network as well as colleagues from around the world.